Wednesday, August 19, 2009

YES...It's Still Going On.

In between my hectic schedule of work, crazy marathon training and my usual weekly onslaught of responsible errands, I have been stressing about our backsplash, or should I say the lack there of. With the exception of getting a new fridge, this is the final project in the kitchen remodel also known as the new tile floor turning into something much more sinister. You see, we did not have the backsplash done with the floor b/c my husband wanted to save a few bucks and do it himself. I was ecstatic to save some money, so I happily agreed. Well here we are 5 months later and he's too busy and his back hurts and he thinks he broke a rib...which makes total sense because of all that alligator wrestling he does after work. So yeah, I feel like I've been patient but I just can't find the time to be as dramatic about it as I'd like, so here we are 5 months later, getting more tile bids. I'm fairly certain this project has taken at least 5 years off my life.

1 comment:

Amber S. said...

I totally know what you mean--decide to make one "improvement" and all of the sudden you're taking on a whole room of improvements and you just want to get it done!