Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

Another Halloween has come and gone. We didn't really do too much, hung out at home and handed out candy. I wanted to dress up a little, so I made myself a tutu which I think turned out quite awesome. My goal for next year is to be prepared and really dress up. Dustin has said she will help me make a Poodle Skirt, a classic costume, not slutty in the least. And speaking of that, what's with the slutty costumes? It annoys the shit out of me, truly it does. Girls these days can turn anything slutty on Halloween....slutty bugs, slutty professionals, cheerleaders, slutty pirates, I could go on and on. I don't know, I just don't get it. Maybe someone can enlighten me. Anyway, here are some pics from our Halloween.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, I *must* know how you made your tutu! It's soooo awesome!!!

I totally agree on the slutty costumes-why, oh why? and usually here it's freezing on Halloween too. Then you freeze all your bits and pieces off.

I hope Munch is feeling better! He looks cute as a bat. But no costume for Doodle?

Anonymous said...

okay, so i have to admit that i did buy what appears at first to be a slutty bee costume. However...i did wear a black tank and bike shorts underneath and ditched the fish net hose for some cute leg warmers. i love your tutu - very cute AND tasteful. :)

Britt said...

See Beth, you managed to make it un-slutty. Congrats. I'm really referring to all those college girls with boobs and ass hanging out all over the place...you know the ones.

Britt said...

Mandy...the tutu was super easy. I bought like 3 yards of each color tulle which was super cheap and a spool of ribbon. I made 2 knots in the ribbon, after measuring my waist. I then cut strips of tulle, by no means being accurate and used these instructions to tie on the strips: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambrosialove/522118984/

It was super easy, took about 1/2 an hour.

The Doodle was an abominable snowman, can't you tell??

Kari said...

Your tutu turned out cute!!!!

We had this girl come and trick-or-treat at our house. Jeff came in and said, "Did you see her? She had bigger boobs than you"?

Talk about a slut!