Monday, November 24, 2008

The Lone Star State

Thanksgiving week has arrived. Today is my last day at the only job I have known in Salt Lake. Tonight is the last night I get to spend with my pups until Sunday :( Tomorrow we arrive in Austin Texas for a week full of festivities. I can do this.

The husband and I had a nice weekend as usual. We mountain biked Saturday with our buddy Joe. After the ride, we went to our neighbors house to watch Utah beat BYU. While we're not Utah fans per say, I did want to see them kill BYU. That school creeps me out. Seriously. Anyway, it was a good game and I got to play with cute little Mazzie. Playing with babies is fun, especially when you get to give them back. Even Garrett did his fair share of bouncing. ha

Sunday Garrett and I maybe outdid ourselves a tad with a really long trail run. We're in pretty good shape but holy cow, it was still really hard. We took Mogs along for the run and he was such a good boy. He ran off leash the entire time, staying about 4 feet behind us. What a good little running buddy. Afterwards, we raked leaves for like the 400th time. Seriously, where do all these leaves even come from? Its absurd.

We're off to Austin tomorrow afternoon. It will be a nice break for us and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing everyone, but I must admit, I'm going to miss my boys...a lot. Poor Mogs, his first Thanksgiving as our pup, and we're leaving him. Oh well, such is life and he'll be in good hands. I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Birdie said...

Congrats! Don't you love the last day at a job? You get to leave it all behind!!! Have fun in TX :)