Monday, February 18, 2008

My Work has no LOVE for President's Day

These boys Love my BLACK futon, damn them, and damn me for being such a sucker for those cute faces and letting them up there after I claim they are no longer allowed.
Doodles and Sticks
Trying to escape Munchie, the number one Stick Stealer
Profile Shot...such a handsome boy
Enjoying the Sunshine
Mogley the Doodle
"My Sticks better than Your Stick"
My Good Buddy Robin on our Snowshoeing Excursion
I had to throw in a picture of an actual human being so that people don't think I'm crazy and have no friends.
Happy President's Day Everyone!! I, unfortunately, don't have the day off to celebrate. I guess I could use a Floating Holiday, but now that I think about it, I don't believe I would waste one today...not that President's Day isn't a noble holiday and all. Moving on.

So, we had a pretty good weekend I suppose. Friday night Garrett and I went to Little America Hotel for an awesome dinner at the Steakhouse. Yum. We had a seafood sampler thing for appetizer (yes, the most expensive one on the menu), I had a mixed grill (tenderloin and halibut) and Garrett had a large tenderloin for the main course, and then we had a fabulous mango cheesecake for dessert. It was all really, really good. The best part was that we only had to pay for the couple glasses of wine we each had. Thanks Sinclair...you continue to give me free stuff and I Love it. Saturday, Garrett went backcountry skiing with Joe and I went snowshoeing with Robin. I was a little jealous of Garrett...I've had my Brand New Backcountry skis and bindings in the back of my car for a week now and dont have the bindings mounted yet...long story but no boots. **Update, bought the boots I wanted from a store in Portland for a great price...they should be here Wednesday** Sunday we started out the day taking the dogs to the Dog Park. It was such a nice day and the dogs had so much fun. Munch did the usual running around like a complete maniac and Mogley just trotted along with Garrett and Me. Munch just spends the entire time trying to show off for people...making giant leaps, running as fast as he possibly can, bouldering over rocks, and he even rolled down a hill on his back for some people who were giving him lots of attention for his cuteness. He is such a clown. I love how people just look at Munch and can't help but laugh. No matter what kind of mood I'm in, that Munchie always makes me smile...its therapeutic really. Mogley got his fair share of attention at the park too. Everyone commented on his paw size, they are enormous!! One guy said it looked like he had snowshoes on. It was really good for them. They both passed out for the rest of the afternoon. Garrett and I FINALLY got a chance to drag the road bikes out. I felt like I hadn't ridden mine in forever. It was so nice to go out for a ride. I forgot how much I really love to be on my bike. All I have to say about the next storm coming at the end of the week is: DAMN IT. This is going to be a long winter. I know it.

1 comment:

Birdie said...

I should have gotten a pic of you from the trip, I totally forgot about the camera!!! Typical silly me :)