Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh Beautiful Weekend



The weather this weekend was awesome. Yay God. We totally deserved a weekend like this after months and months of a bitter cold winter. The sun was out, the skies were clear, some of my tulips are starting to come out and I totally busted out my flip flops. Flip flops are the best part of nice weather, oh how I've missed them.

Weekend in Review

Friday: Worked 1/2 day. Went to The Gateway to do some shopping and realized how much I hate being poor, or hate being a cheapo when it comes to clothes. I wanted to buy just about everything in Jcrew but couldn't bring myself to buy one single thing. I'm just not willing to pay $88 for a shirt, no matter how freakin cute it is. The only item of clothing I'll spend a reasonable amount of money on is jeans...they are totally worth the big bucks if they fit. When Garrett got home we took the road bikes out for a nice ride. We rode up around the University of Utah and then went up City Creek Canyon. The weather was a little chilly, but nice. So Friday night I finally convinced Garrett that we needed to rent "Juno." I loved it! I knew I would but I'm glad it turned out to be a super cute, funny movie b/c I've been hyping it up in my head for a long time. Even Garrett liked it. Usually the only things he likes to watch have the word "documentary" somewhere in the title.

Saturday: Gorgeous Day. For most people, beautiful weather means fun family outings. For my family, it means going to the Dump. Garrett loves the dump. Or he must, b/c we take more trips there than anyone else I know. People will call me and ask what we're up to and I'm all "we're on the way to the Dump" and they just laugh b/c they know. After unloading a truckload of junk, we filled the back of Garrett's truck with dirt. Again, people laugh b/c we all know how much Garrett loves dirt. Saturday was his PERFECT day. After arriving home, we took the mountain bikes out to ride Dry Creek from the Zoo. It was so nice out, seriously. After riding, we picked up dinner from Citris Grill and went to bed.

Sunday: Even more beautiful day than Saturday. So what do we do with our beautiful day, you guessed it, shovel dirt. We spent all damn day shoveling. I shoveled the dirt from the truck to the wheel barrel and Garrett raked it into the yard. It was hard work and my shoulders are feeling the pain today. At the end of the day we forced ourselves to get on our road bikes for a quick loop around the city. It was too pretty outside to not take advantage, no matter how much I just wanted to throw myself on the floor and pass out. When we got back from riding, we sat on the couch and had a Dead Guy beer. Those babies are totally worth the $2.50 I pay per beer.
That's all. That's all we did. We had a fun, productive weekend and I'm already counting down for the next one.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I loved Juno too! You should check out Lars and the Real Girl...but you probably already saw that on my blog.