Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Weekend with the Parents

My weekend with my parents is now officially over. They are just about back to Houston as I type this post. We had a nice, very uneventful weekend. We skiied, went to dinner, took the dogs to Tanner Park, had adult beverages on various occasions and Garrett and I even got a nice, long bike ride in. It was a good weekend. I have great parents, great dogs and a great husband. I am a lucky girl.

I FINALLY got my new cell phone and L-O-V-E it. It's the same phone my hubby has, only its a slider version. So far, I'm really liking it. Of course I immediately took a picture of my main man Munchie for the screensaver. I'm so predictable sometimes.
Garrett's Uncle Kyle is here this week. I haven't met him yet, he lives in Alaska so I'm sure you can understand why. I'm looking forward to meeting him...Garrett talks a lot about him. From what I understand, they are a lot alike, so how could I not love him?

We have our first mountain bike race this coming weekend in Hurricane, Utah. I'm a little nervous about racing, even though I've managed to stay in pretty good shape through our brutal winter. I'm racing sport this year so this race will be 24 miles, not the 12 I did last year (which nearly killed me by the way). It should be interesting. I just have to keep the mindset that I'm paying to do this so just keep it fun. Yeah right.

Mogley is growing by the day. Literally. We really can't believe how freakin' big he is. He is barely 5 months old and is well over 50 lbs. My dad thought he grew everyday. I think he might be right.

My new drug of choice is coffee...Garrett too. That damn machine Garrett fixed makes the best coffee and we've been drinking way more than we used to. I'm completely obsessed with Soy Lattes...my sweet hubby even brought me one in bed this morning before I got up for work. We're hooked for sure. Its better than sex. Just kidding. Not really.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

Good luck with the race!

Kari said...

Race away my friend!!!