Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Great Hair Debate

Fall is coming ever so quickly. Every year, about this time, I have the same arguments with myself about changing my hair color. My hair is pretty dang blonde, and has been for a really long time. It looks nice and I'm comfortable with it, but its semi high maintenance and I'm kinda bored with it. I've always wanted to go dark and it seems like dark hair is going to be the "it" thing of the season. I'm just worried I'll totally hate it and won't be able to adjust. I guess the worse case scenario is that it looks dreadful and I go get highlights again. No biggie, right?

People always tell me that I look like Rashida Jones (only a blonde version) from "The Office." While I do not think I look like her per say, we do have similar features...green eyes, darker complexion, freckles and dark brown hair looks fabulous on her. Here are some pics of her:



I need some opinions people. My husband, god love him, has no opinion...really he doesn't. He's all whatever you want babe and I'm all I want you to give me an honest opinion, that's what I want and he's all you will look great no matter what you do with your hair. While that is a wonderful and caring answer, sometimes I just want to punch him. He really is being honest though...I could shave my head and he'd be all, no, you look great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like blonde because you look like your mom, but I do think dark would look really great as well and be a nice change for fall. For what an opinion from a brunette is worth--ha-ha.

Your Cousin, Amber

Birdie said...

Well, I am planning on darkening my hair next time I go in, so if you decide to do it, you won't be alone! I think you could pull of the dark hair, and one nice thing is that your hair will be soft an shiny after you go dark...unlike when going lighter. Go for it!!

Kari said...

I think you should try it. Could Cara pull it off? I went dark and it was awful. Jeff wasn't crazy about it but I look better as a blonde. You on the other hand...you could pull it off with your tanned skin and pretty green eyes. I think you do look like Rashida a little...but you're prettier.

Carlyn said...

I think you should do it! It will look good I'm pretty sure.