Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Let the Cringing and Nail Biting Begin

Before the Destruction
"Mr. Destructor"


These pictures are taken before the actual mess happens...believe it or not.
Hopefully I'll be posting next week, with nice, big windows and letting everyone know this whole experience wasn't near as bad as I had initially thought.

Friday, at 8 am, men will be at my house to cut 2 36" x 48" holes out of the side of my house with CHAINSAWS. We ripped up our perfectly good carpet and took down perfectly good walls. I have heard this project makes a tremendous mess. BREATHE. The whole idea makes me want to vomit a little. Why would anyone do this you ask? Well, the husband thinks its a good idea, that's why. He says we need to have large, to code, basement windows. That's well and good and I'm sure it will look fabulous when its done, but until then, I'm slightly freaking out. To top it all off, the windows won't be here in time and we have to go a few days with nothing but enormous holes...where cute little windows used to be. One would think this would be a good summer project, seeing as though we don't have an air conditioner anyway. Not us, no sir, we like to live dangerously...mix it up a little. So in advance, your welcome Questar Gas Company...I loved writing that obscenely large check to you for heating my house. As if all this isn't scary enough, I have one more reason to fret. I would probably feel a tad better about the whole situation if professional window installers would be coming out to put the windows in. NOPE. Garrett says it will be a piece of cake and he would NEVER pay anyone to do such a thing. I hope my little handyman is right, for both our sakes.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Wow! What a project. Did the window guy work out for you?