Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Welding 101

Me with my Tree (notice the Munchie Paws pic behind me...yes I'm a dork)
Munch always has to be the Center of Attention
Munch Admiring my Work


So, my sister-in-law Dustin welded these wonderful steel Christmas trees to be used as fun and funky yard art. Well of course I loved them, and of course she offered to make me one, but I wanted to make my own. So, Saturday, Dan gave me my first welding lesson and I loved it!! After a few practice welds, I began my tree. Approximately 3 hours later and ta-da! It is by no means perfect and the welds are probably really bad, but I think its great. I was very proud of myself. Even Garrett was shocked. When I told him I was going over to Dustin's house to WELD, he just thought I was going over to mess around. No sir. He was super impressed with my crafty welding skills...and my fabulous Christmas tree. So, the next day I put on a clear coat and painted my star...then attached the jewels. Isn't it holly, jolly and fun?

1 comment:

Kari said...

I am impressed too! That is a dang cute tree! It looks awesome!