Sunday, December 9, 2007

My Birthday




I had a really great Birthday on Friday! I only work 1/2 a day on Fridays now, so that is enough in itself to make for a great day. When I got off, I went to the mall to look around. I have an obsessive thing about not making spontaneous purchases...even when I find something I really want. So, I found a Judith Jack neclace at Nordstroms I really wanted but couldn't buy it then, so I thought maybe Garrett would go back with me later to help make up my mind. I went home and cleaned my house. I know, I know...no one should clean on their birthday. But, my house was pretty messy, Garrett was at work and I wanted a clean house for my birthday. Its another obsessive problem of mine, among others, so I really don't mind cleaning. Its not like I have a huge house to clean. I can vacuum the whole thing from one plug for God's sake. When Garrett came home, he helped me finish up. AND, he brought me home a dozen beautiful red roses, my favorite. I LOVE roses and the red matches my kitchen beautifully. Also, roses are awesome b/c they are one of the only flowers I have found that save well. Before they die, I hang them upside down for a couple of weeks and they are good to go for tons of craft projects. My wonderful husband then went back to the mall with me. I got my cute, cute necklace (we decided it was from him sent he made the effort), I filled my Angel perfume bottle and then we looked at the tools at Sears, poor Garrett, it was all I could do to help him feel manly. After that, we went out with Hils and Pete to Desert Edge for dinner and an obscene amount of beer. Pete just kept ordering more, typical Pete. It was a lot of fun and I'm grateful to surround myself with such great friends and my awesome husband on my birthday.


No comments: