Monday, January 21, 2008

Pain

Yesterday I took my first ever snowboarding lesson. Why would you do that you ask...you are a skiier? Well I took advantage of Utah's Lucky 13 promotion. For 13 days, Snowbasin was doing a package deal...$39 gets you rentals, lift pass and a 2 hour lesson. It was just too good of a deal to pass up. First of all, I must say...I had a lot of fun. It was really challenging and a lot of hard work, but by the end of the day, I was catching on to the major concepts. After my lesson, my sweet husband found me and skiied with me, rather slowly and on green runs for the remainder of the afternoon. I had a really great day! Now for the bad part...I feel like I have been run over by a car. I fell and I fell and I fell. HARD. The falls on a snowboard are so brutal. Today, nearly every part of my body aches. However, I think I'm going to try again and see how it goes. I need another day of snowboarding to decide if I'm going to stick with it. I don't have any pics cause I didnt take the camera...and good thing, cause it would surely be broken.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

Don't worry, it gets better!! Good job for trying something new :)

Kari said...

If you are sore from boarding...then I would be dead! I think I'll stick to skiing.