Thursday, January 31, 2008

Maybe this Year

This year I would LOVE to get registered to run the Nike Women's 1/2 or Full Marathon in San Francisco...I really don't even care which one, I just want to participate. I've talked about it for 2 years now, and last year I missed the registration. It fills up in a matter of hours and no one knows the exact date, so you have to be on top of your game to get in this one. Why so popular you ask? Many awesome reasons. First of all, you don't get some lousy finisher medal that doesnt make it past the nearest trash can (medals are a waste of money if you ask me). Instead, upon your finish, a San Francisco Fireman dressed in a tuxedo and running shoes presents you with a Tiffany & Co. Necklace made specifically for the event. How fun is that? I've heard the shirts/jackets are awesomely pink, plus there are free manicures, pedicures, massages and raffles for Tiffany jewelry on the days leading up to the event. This year's race is on October 19, 2008.
Check it Out for Yourself

3 comments:

{Hilary} said...

Now this looks fun and I know for a fact you have been talking about doing this for the past two years.
I bet you could stay at Brit & Rebecca's place. That would be fun, eh!

Birdie said...

Go Brittany! Sounds fun, hope you get registered :)

Kari said...

Fireman? Did you say Fireman? I'm there with ya. Anything to see a Fireman dressed in a tuxedo.