Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What Not to Eat


Last Friday, Garrett and I decided we would wake up Saturday morning, drive to Ogden and pre-ride the Xterra race loop. I was feeling very motivated to ride, really wanting to feel strong and confident about the bike stage come race day. Well, due to Fedex and their lousy scheduling (I'll post about this later), we didn't leave the house until 11ish. I knew we would be hungry so I made us some chicken salad sandwiches to eat on the way. While this is normally a staple in my house, I had never eaten one before riding my bike. AND I WILL NEVER EAT ONE AGAIN. Uggghhh. I felt so awful the entire ride. It should have been a piece of cake for me, moderate climbing, nothing too technical, but NO, I felt like crap. The combination of the intense heat and mayo in my stomach was enough for me to puke, literally. I did once but thought I was going to the entire ride. I did manage to finish the ride, barely, even though Garrett suggested turning around about 50 times. The scenery was beautiful and the trail was in great shape. I just wished I could have enjoyed it more. I'm blaming this whole situation on Fedex. I hate them by the way.

Why would I hate Fedex? They make my brain bleed, really they do. Here is how it started. I ordered a camera, a compact camera, one I could take with me everywhere I went. We would be best friends forever. It was supposed to come on Friday...that's what the tracking information said. AND, as luck would have it, I am off 1/2 days on Fridays so I would be home to accept the package. Woohoo! So I waited, and waited and Garrett came home and then we waited and waited. Finally at about 6, Garrett checked the tracking information again and blah, the date had been rescheduled for Saturday. I was pretty bummed, but oh well. So we waited around Saturday morning as long as we possibly could (by the way Saturday turned out for me, I wish we would have just waited longer) and no signs of Fedex. I left a note on the door when we left to please leave the package by the back door, per usual. Well we got home from riding and there was no package, just a stupid note on the door that read "Signature required - In Person." Well that's just great isn't it. I was sorta fuming, I had been waiting for my camera all week and now I would not have it for the weekend. So I called Fedex to see where I could go pick up my package. This is the part where I became extremely frustrated. The customer service guy informed me that I cannot pick up my package until the delivery driver has made 3 attempts...my package sits on his truck at his residence!!!!! Oh and they do not deliver on Mondays??? So, lets do the math. Tuesday will be another delivery attempt, one I will not be home for b/c GOOD GOD, I have to work. Wednesday will be attempt 3, again, which I will not be getting. Thursday morning, if things work out, we leave for Austin. So, that equals me, on vacation, no camera. I'm pretty worked up about this, if you couldn't tell. Fedex sucks and I hope to never use them again. Tell your friends.




3 comments:

Birdie said...

Man, that sucks about your camera. Have you asked them if you can have it redirected? Like see if they will deliver to your work? Just a thought :) Good luck!

Britt said...

I have and they won't. They said it can't be redirected once its shipped. Bastards I tell you.

Birdie said...

Bastards!