Monday, July 28, 2008

Who Needs a Plan?

Well, much to my surprise and Garrett's relief, we made it to and from Austin with absolutely no problems. The Buddy Passes worked like a charm. Garrett and I even got to sit next to each other on all 4 flights, which I was not expecting. AND, I got my new camera in time for the trip, yippee! Fedex delivered it around 7 pm Wednesday night...talk about waiting 'till the last minute.

We arrived in Austin Thursday around 6ish. Garrett's brother Wes picked us up from the airport and we went to Maudie's for dinner. I was pretty excited to get some real Tex-Mex and a REAL margarita. It was just like old times.



Chicken Fajitas for 2

Friday was a busy day. Garrett and I got up, checked out the new Galleria Mall in Bee Caves (I wasn't terribly impressed, I must say), took a boat out on Lake Travis with Brad, went to a rehearsal dinner at Z'Tejas in downtown Austin, followed by a drousy and tiring bar hop. I think I would have lasted slightly longer had I not been downing beer on the lake just hours earlier. Just a thought.

Lake Travis
Me and Garrett
Brad, Me and Garrett
Sunning
The Boat Captain...hot farmer's tan babe!
Brad
Me and my hubby at Z'Tejas
Garrett, me, Ann(the bride to be), Brad and Teel
Brad in his short pants
Brad and Teel
Saturday morning Garrett and I got up at the crack of dawn (actually, earlier than that) with very little sleep and drove to Bob's house for a little water skiing. I didn't actually ski but it was fun to watch Garrett.


We hung out at Bob's for a little while and then I finally got to go to Hula Hut for lunch. The palm tree hugger nachos were everything I remembered. I told myself I wouldn't drink until the wedding, but Garrett and I both agreed it was almost sacreligious to eat at Hula Hut and not get a SWIRL. After lunch, we headed back to the house for a much needed nap.

Welcome to Hula Hut...my all time favorite restaurant

Tubular Taco
Palm tree hugger Nachos


Then we were off to the wedding and reception. It was a lot of fun, too much fun. I drank entirely too many vodka tonics. This is what happens when there is an open bar, absolutely no self control. 3 hours after we got home from the wedding, it was back to the airport to begin our journey home.

Megan, Ty, Ann, Howard, Brad, Me and Garrett
Me and Brad
Us Again
Today, I am tired. Shocking.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a fun time!!

Kari said...

Yummy food and drinks girly! I can't believe how delish that food looks! I'm glad you had fun. I love it when you can be spontaneous like that!