Monday, October 27, 2008

Another Monday

Weekend = Over. Me = bummed the weekend is over. Weather = awesome. Me = bummed I'm stuck inside my office enjoying the perfect weather from a window.

We had a really nice, relaxing, no committment weekend. Friday we had plans to go see the new Warren Miller movie, Children of Winter, but our cheapness changed the plans. When it came down to it, we just couldn't stomach the $44 it would have cost for the movie so we bagged it and had dinner at Stella Grill, one of our very favorite places.
Saturday we went for a mountain bike ride on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and the trail was pretty empty. Following the ride, Garrett hung some shop lights in the garage while I cleaned it. Luckily for Garrett, the shop lights worked. Here's why:

Conversation from Thursday:

Garrett: I bought some lights from the auction, I hope they work.
Me: What? You bought broken lights, are you kidding me?
Garrett: Well I only paid $7
Me: Oh good, well I'm glad those broken lights were so cheap...thank goodness.
Garrett: Well they might work, they don't have plugs, they have to be hardwired.
Me: Well they better work, for the sake of your well being.
Garrett: Is that a threat?
Me: Absolutely. But actually, its more of a "I am now going to tell everyone that you bought broken shop lights from that damn junk auction"...the broken patio table story will be so 6 months ago.

So, even though I had HUGE doubts, the lights worked out well. Its not that I doubt my husband, its just that many of his wonderful auction purchases now reside at the Dump. I was expecting the lights would join them. I was wrong.


Saturday night we went to Brewvies for pizza, nachos, beer and a movie. Sounds pretty awesome, huh? We saw the Coen Brothers new movie "Burn after Reading." It's really similar to "Fargo", many of the same actors, same dark humor. I really enjoyed it and and would like to see it again. I think its one of those movies that is probably much more funny the second time around. Brad Pitt was really great in the movie, but isn't he always?

Sunday mornings are always lazy in my house. We drink coffee, hang out, play on the computer and usually, by noon, we get some motivation to change out of our pj's. By the looks of my dogs, it would seem they didn't just wake up from a full night of sleep. This Sunday, I managed to drag Garrett and Mogley out relatively early to go for a run. The weather was just too nice to sit inside. After, I went out and did a little shopping and Garrett worked around the house, doing some painting and more garage light hanging.

Here are some pics of the pups (and me) Sunday morning.


1 comment:

Kari said...

Oh good, I so want to see that movie!!!