Friday, October 24, 2008

Supporting a Cause

For anyone who wants to participate in a 5k Fun Run, that does not benefit children, Garrett and I will be participating in the Squatters Chasing Tail 5k. Its not that I'm against fun runs benefitting children, its just that I don't have kids and would prefer to donate to a cause that I feel strongly about, cause lets face it, a 5k is hardly even worth the money so you might as well just consider it a charity. The registration is $20, your money goes to the Utah Animal Assisted Therapy Association, you get a cool Squatters Chasing Tail long sleeve tshirt and you get to bring your pups along for the run.

Speaking of pups...one little bulldog that I know is going to have the cutest costume for Halloween. I have been wanting to get him some bat wings for a couple years now, but apparently the Old Navy dog wings are in super high demand and extremely hard to come by. I have been outbid on Ebay 3 times for hell's sake. After they sold out online before I got a chance to purchase some and found nothing but empty racks in my local stores, I had all but given up. I started to worry that the Munch 2009 calendar just wouldn't be the same without a costume clad Munchie filling the page of October. So I decided to call all Old Navy stores within a reasonable driving distance asking them if by some miracle, they had bat wings in a size medium. Well I found a pair not too terribly far. I asked Garrett if I should spend the time/gas to drive for a pair of wings, wings our poor dog would likely hate. At first he said no, not worth it. Then after we thought about it more, we decided that our enjoyment from seeing Munch dressed up as a bat would be totally worth it so I went and got them. You'll have to wait for pictures, but I must say, it was definitely worth it.

1 comment:

Birdie said...

Glad you found some! I can't wait to see him :)