Monday, November 5, 2007

Another Monday



So it's Monday, yet again. For me, every week is nothing more than a countdown for the weekend, kinda sad isn't it? Don't get me wrong, I have a great life...a great husband, a great dog, a great house, a great family...I just need to have some sort of fulfilling job, aka work for myself. I'm working on it, trust me. I'll keep everyone informed of my progress. I'm done waiting for something great to happen for me. I have lots of good ideas, I just need to make them happen. Afterall, that is how people become successful right?

This past weekend (the dreaded time change weekend) was really good for me. Garrett and I drove down to Moab just for the hell of it and had a great time. We got there pretty late on Friday night, and to save money, slept in the back of my car. I can certainly think of more enjoyable things than trying to sleep on the hard surface of the back of a car seat, being so cold I couldn't get out of the covers to get more clothes and Munch thinking the best place to sleep was MY pillow. BUT I'm not complaining...it was a super idea :) thanks garrett. It was definitely worth saving the $35 for the hotel with bed/shower/sink in town. You betcha. Anyway, I'm digressing. So, on Saturday morning, when the sun came out, thank god, we put on some spandex and headed for the Poison Spider trail. Its definitely a fun trail, slightly more sand than I'd like, but fun. We got off course a few times but managed to find our way back to the poor little Munchy stuck in the car. Overall, I was pretty impressed with my riding. I'm becoming more adventurous on the downhill and only walked away with an elbow scrape. (For those who know me, an elbow scrape is a great day) After that, we checked into a hotel room, watched UT barely pull a win from Oklahoma and then headed to the Moab Brewery for beer and dinner. It was a lot of fun...I love that place, its always good times.

Sunday, we got up early, checked out of the hotel, and headed to the Amasa Back trail. Garrett and I rode really well on Sunday. I tried almost all the downhills and made it up almost all of the technical uphill spots. There were several obstacles we tried several times...and ended up making most of them. It was pretty much as good as biking gets. When we were done, we headed back to Salt Lake. Thank you Moab for such a fun weekend! We'll see you for Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: