Tuesday, November 6, 2007

ELECTION DAY

Today is election day. I find it unfortunate that I only want to vote so that I can skip out of work for a while. It's not the politics, our city leaders, proposititions, referendums...its the good excuse to have an out-of-office adventure. Sad, isn't it?

Utah, Utah, Utah. Here in Utah, on election day, one cannot buy liquor, wine, or full strength beer in restaurants or bars while polls are open. I saw this on the news this morning and nearly fell over from shock. Well, I shouldn't be shocked. I should be used to these wacky laws. It's just that everytime I turn around, there is another weird liquor law with even weirder reasons for its existence. Sometimes I just have to think, where are we? But then I remember, the answer is so simple...Utah. Home sweet home.

3 comments:

Birdie said...

I know!! This state is crazy! Are they afraid we are going to get drunk and then go vote? So many dumb laws.

Kari said...

What? I didn't hear that...I'll add that to my list of stupid Utah liquor laws. I can't believe it.

Hilary said...

Yesterday Kids kampus called and Sidney was sick and had a fever. I went and picked her up. My gas light went on so we went and got gas.
While I was there I thought I should grab a six pack.
I was "NOPED".
WTF is that about?
Love living in Utah, eh!