Monday, November 12, 2007

The Leaves Have Officially Fallen






Another weekend has come and gone and it's Monday yet again. On a positive note, this is our last full work week until the Thanksgiving holidays...yippee!! I am ready for the nice, long break.

This weekend was fairly lowkey, but nice. Saturday, Garrett and I woke up to the cable guy ringing our doorbell. That was nice :) Garrett scheduled the guy to come between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm to fix our internet and sure enough, the doorbell rang at 7:58 am. What are the odds? He was early. That must be a cable guy first. Usually they give you the five hour time slot and they show up 15 minutes late. Not our guy...he's on top of things. I mean, who doesn't want to wake up on Saturday morning to a strange guy tromping in and out of your house. I for one, was quite pleased. I especially liked the part when Garrett invited him into our bedroom while I was still in bed, sans pants. Nice.

Anyway, when the cable guy departed, Garrett and I headed off to Park City to do some mountain biking. It was a fabulous day! Perfect mountain biking weather. We did the Glenwild Loop and the Flying Dog Loop. We have never ridden either of those trails before, but we didn't get lost and really enjoyed ourselves. Those are my kind of trails...lots of uphill, little to no obstacles...just smooth single track riding. I was pretty out of it by the time we got back to the car and managed to leave one of my mountain biking shoes. Of course, I didn't realize it until we got ALL THE WAY HOME. After showers, we drove back up there and luckily, it was right where I left it.

Sunday was a lazy day. It sprinkled here pretty much all day. We did manage to get outside for some quality leaf raking. It was much needed. Our whole street is a mess so it was good to finally get that done. Its beside the point that our yard is covered in leaves again today...we tried. Munch really enjoyed himself. One of his favorite activities of all time is attacking the rake, its pretty funny (see video). He also enjoyed hopping from leaf pile to leaf pile, peeing right in the middle of each one. It made picking up those leaves all the more pleasant. After raking, we ate lunch, napped and worked some in our basement. Nothing too terribly eventful.




No comments: