Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tis the Season...for an Awkward Night


Last night (yes, in November) was the annual Sinclair Christmas Party held at the Little America Hotel in Salt Lake. Its a night of good food, weird entertainment, a bunch of corporate ass kissing and super awkward conversation. We all see these people on a daily basis but when we're outside of the office, in an actual social setting, its just sorta weird. Everyone just seems kinda fake and I'm a "keep it real" kind of girl. I always feel the night would be a lot more bearable if only I could have an adult beverage or two beforehand, but b/c I'm usually rushed and the party is held by mormons, it never seems to work out. But, amidst the prompted laughter, fake smiles, and an unnecessary amount of clapping, we managed to have a pretty good time...I mean, I only get to see Garrett dressed up one day a year, so I'll take what I can get. So, after the Bagpipers (I'm not sure I get it either) we took our ham and Sun Valley Chocolates and headed home. I guess it was a good night...for a Tuesday.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Ha! Ha! I know exactly what you are talking about Britt! Glad it was you...and not me! Tee Hee!