Monday, June 16, 2008

I am Alive

So today was the first day of commuting to work on the Buddy. Much to everyone's surprise, I am alive and well and made it to work just fine thank you. Garrett and I have been using the Buddy for everything we can....grocery store, bank, picking up dinner. The best part is Garrett volunteers to run like every errand, even the grocery store just b/c he wants to drive the scooter. At first I thought maybe he was just trying to be super helpful...WRONG, but hey, I'll take what I can get. If I would have known this, we would have purchased one of these bad boys a long time ago.
This was a good weekend. Here are a couple highlights in no particular order:

Taking the Scooter to the 1st Farmer's Market of the Season. As Robin put it, it was almost like we were in a real city. There was culture, and crowds, and I think I may have even seen a black person. Who would have thought?


Mountain biking in Park City. The weather here, (finally...Thank God) was absolutely beautiful and we took full advantage. We rode the Flying Dog loop both days and we can't wait to do it again. Its the perfect mix of climbing and downhill, which means never once did I want to puke, fake an injury, kill myself, or a combination of any of the above.


Piper Down. Cute, clean Irish bar in downtown SLC. It was really nice except for one thing: Smoke. It didn't bother me at first, but it eventually started to get to me. Well actually, my cranky, I don't like to leave the house husband noticed it and brought it to my attention and then it started to bother me. It has obviously been a while since I've been to a real bar b/c in Texas, it never would have phased me.


Dinner at Stell Grill. Yes we took the scooter of course. Dinner was great as usual, and I definitely recommend the crab cakes.

BBQ with friends at Hilary's house. I needed that. The dogs needed that. It was a fun night of food, vodka tonics, music and just hanging out. Note: I felt much better waking up Sunday morning after drinking vodka rather than beer...could I be turning over a new leaf? Only time will tell.

3 comments:

Dustin said...

Viva la Vodka!
I drank mexican martini's Friday night and TOTALLY felt it the next day but, Saturday night I downed the "skinny bitches" (diet coke and vodka) and felt pretty good the next morn.

ps. How was the Farmer's market? I think we should take my mom (and dad) when they are in town. They might like it.

Britt said...

Skinny Bitches...are they really called that? If so, I'm totally going to drink those.

The Farmer's Market was pretty cool. Crowded, but I think that's just because it was the 1st one. I always like it better when there is fruit. Saturday was basically just herbs. The arts and craft part is pretty good too, you should totally sell stuff there, I think it would do well.

Kari said...

I remember going to the Farmer's Market 10 years ago and it was so fun because nobody was there. Now the extreme crowds give me anxiety. It only gets worse as teh produce starts to hit the market. I'll still go, but as early as possible!

I'm glad you liked Piper Down. I've always wanted to check it out. I think sometime this year you won't be able to smoke in any indoor bar/restaraunt.

I LOVE Stella's. Yummy food and drinks and darling building!