Friday, June 20, 2008

A Lovely City

Flagstaff, Arizona. That is where I got to go this week. I was thinking it was going to be hot and crowded and not enjoyable in the least. Well I guess I was confusing myself with Phoenix because I was very pleasantly surprised.

First of all, my mode of transportation to Flagstaff was pretty sweet. Private Jet of course.
I was a little nervous flying on such a small plane until I found out our pilot used to fly for Air Force One. That calmed my nerves a little. Anyway, the flight was great. I could get used to that kind of traveling...no lines, no security, no checking bags, no waiting on the runway, and best of all, I could bring my damn drink on with me, in fact, I had my very own cup holder. Not once did someone accuse me of trying to blow up the plane with my nalgene full of water. How nice.

Good Bye Salt Lake

Hello Flagstaff
Flagstaff was really pretty awesome. I was told the weather there is great too. It snows in the winter and, in the dead of summer, it rarely gets above 90 degrees. It sits at about 7000 feet and the whole town is filled with pine trees. There is mountain biking, rafting, climbing...everything any outdoor enthusiast dreams about, all out their back door. The downtown area is really cute. There are lots of shops, lots of restaurants with people just hanging out on the patio, bars you don't have to pay to go into and several local breweries...the kind they can just hand you a beer over the counter and you don't even have to order food. The kind where I could have a margarita with friends and nothing else. Those crazy, sinful bastards. Um yeah, I have been living in Utah way to long. So, if you couldn't tell, I was very impressed and now I have Garrett intrigued. Maybe we'll go there sometime and spend more than 4 hours...I'm sure there is much more to be seen.





1 comment:

Birdie said...

How cool. I want to go!!