Friday, June 6, 2008

Long Day Ahead

I'm already feeling tired just thinking about tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, it's going to be a great day...its just that I don't function very well, if at all at 5:00 am in the morning. I know what you're thinking, why in the world would anyone want to wake up at 5:00 am on a Saturday. The answer is I DON'T want to. I write DON'T in all caps because all caps is how I'll be feeling about having to get out of bed in the morning. In fact, I think skinning myself and going for a swim in the Great Salt Lake sounds a little more fun. BUT, it will all be worth it when Robin and I start our 104 mile journey around Northern Utah and Southern Idaho on the Little Red Riding Hood Women's Only Century. (**Robin, its too bad we dont have baskets on our bikes...we should totally pick up some REAL beer while in Idaho. Now that seems worth getting up at 5:00 am...one of these days I'll grow up and get my brain out of the gutter but until then this is the kind of stuff I'll think about) Anyway, its going to be an early morning and I just want to complain about it a little. Garrett will get his fair share of hearing me complain when the alarm goes off. He probably won't push me down the stairs like I'll ask him to so I'll have an excuse why I should stay in bed and continue my snuggling with Munchie. He'll just shake his head like he usually does...I realize he thinks I'm completely "over the top" when it comes to some things and I'm okay with that. We balance eachother because he's kinda "under the top" if there even is such a thing....completely NON DRAMATIC might be a better way of phrasing it. No, all my drama aside, I think we'll have a lot of fun. So, wish Robin and I luck and God Speed. The luck is for us. The speed is for our asses, the faster we finish, the better our asses will feel, and that my friend, is very, very important for me and for Garrett...I know he doesn't want to hear me complain about how sore my ass is all night. See how much I love him?

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Have fun! I'm sure you guys will do totally awesome (as if there is any other option for you). About the beer... baskets? You would need a bike trailer. You could always borrow the Burley ;).

Birdie said...

Yeah, it's funny how the 104 miles doesn't sound too bad, it's the getting up at 5 am that scares me too!!

Oh well, after the ride there will be time for much deserved eating and napping :) Two of my favorite things to do!!!