Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happily Ever After

SPOILER ALERT: Don't read this if you plan to read"Breaking Dawn." It will totally ruin it for you. I've been waiting a while to post this to give people plenty of time to finish it.

I have mixed feelings about this book for sure. While I really enjoyed the read, maybe even the most out of this entire series, the ending made me want to bang my head in the wall. Lets start with the vast majority of the book.


This epic long book was a fast read for me. Stephenie Meyer really dumbs it up for us so even if you're not paying the closest of attention, you still totally get what's going on. So cheers to her...I can officially read while watching TV. Anyway, I enjoyed the fact that there was a lot of different things going on in the book, meaning there were not chapters and chapters of the musings of an undecisive, hormonal teen. Meyer really sped things up and did a great job of keeping my attention. While it did keep my attention, the happenings were a little bit ridiculous...a mortal getting pregnant by a vampire, a baby chewing its way out of its mother's womb, an adult werewolf falling in love with an infant...now that I'm writing this, I can hardly believe I enjoyed it. But back off, it was good.


Now the bad part, the ending. Some people thought the ending was perfect and I do give her credit for tieing up all the loose ends. But for me, it was way to Disney movie-ish. For so much drama going on, everyone being near death at so many points, it was just too happy an ending for my tastes. Call me horrible but I was really hoping someone would die...at least one person. I don't think I'm being negative, I think I'm just trying to be real because you know vampires and werewolves are totally real.

1 comment:

Dustin said...

Don't forget about Irinia (sp?)... she got whacked (we've been watching back episodes of the Sopranos) by the Italian vamps in the big confrontation. There's a little death for ya!