Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thank You Jesus

So today, after 2 horrible weeks of a leg rash that makes me want to scratch my skin off, I think I have an answer. I went to see a dermatologist which is exactly what I should have done in the first place. I know better than to trust the diagnosis of a family practice doctor, but I did it anyway. The creams, the sleeping pills, the antihistamines were not doing the trick and when the doctor suggested I come in for a blood test, I decided to go a different route. I feel like a blood test is something they do when they have absolutely no idea what is wrong with you.

So yesterday I called the dermatology office and begged for them to see me. She said she could get me in on the 16th of September and I assured her that by that time I would be a sleeping pill addicted alcoholic so hopefully they could just try and pencil me in. They did. Anyway, she said I have "foliculitis"...an infection of my hair folicles. I wanted to hug her but I resisted. An answer at last. I desperately need to get better. Give me pain anyday but this itching has got to go. I'm on a really strong antibiotic and a $40 foam so hopefully this will do the trick. Once it gets better, I'm making an appointment for laser hair removal on my legs b/c I just can't go through this crap again. EVER. So, DEAR GARRETT: PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS PROCEDURE IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY AND I MIGHT DIE IF I DON'T DO IT. WELL MAYBE NOT DIE, BUT WE WOULD HAVE TO START BUYING WINE BY THE BARREL IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET SOME SLEEP AT NIGHT...AND WE JUST DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR BARRELS IN OUR LITTLE HOUSE. LOVE - YOUR VERY DRAMATIC WIFE.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

I hope they have found the cure!!! Keep us updated...especially if you decide to get laser, I want to hear all about it :)

Kari said...

Yeah! I hope everything works out for you! That must have been horrible!!!!!

My friend Elizabeth has had laser hair removal and LOVES it!