Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Little Jerk

So it's official. Mogley is now staying at home, free from the confines of his prison (cage). We decided one day about 2 weeks ago to give it a shot. Not because I suddenly felt trust that he wouldn't destroy the house, but because he was becoming WAY too big for the cage and I was trying to avoid spending $100+ dollars on a new one. One day I think he'll thank me for being such a cheapo. So far, he's doing really well.

Except I know there is a war going on while I'm gone, a war of the rawhides. Mogs loves bones, always has. Munch has never given them the time of day...he's much to sophisticated to sit around and chew some stupid bone, I mean there is a house to protect here people. Since the addition of Mogs to our house, Munch has decided that rawhides are the shit, and he doesn't want to go another day without them. Only he doesn't chew them. Nope. He takes more pride in sitting on them...stashing them away in his couch corner and parking his butt on top of them. While I wouldn't consider this normal behavior, I find it fitting for him. So here's the problem: I've been coming home to perfect rawhides, completely unchewed...which I know would be completely impossible had Mogley been given one second with one. So here is what I figure: the little jerk is hoarding them while we're gone...sitting on them so they can't be chewed which is bad for Mogley b/c that would give him something to do all day and bad for me because he just may decide to chew the legs off the coffee table instead. Quite the predicament.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Do you think Munch sits on them all day long? What a funny dog. He must hide them from poor Mogs.