Monday, March 17, 2008

Everyone Loves an Irish Girl

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!!! Did you wear green today? I know I did...and Garrett. Salt Lake City doesn't celebrate quite like the lovely people of Houston, TX so I had to make my own green beer...isn't it pretty? My last St. Patrick's Day in Houston was a lot of fun. I spent all day at an outdoor bar, right outside the parade route, covered in green from head to toe (literally, my toe nails were green), drinking green beer and downing green shots. That would never happen here, no way. The good old days are over...unless I move back to Texas of course. It's hot and humid, but those Texans sure know how to have a good time.

4 comments:

Kari said...

We could have fun in Utah on St. Patrick's Day! I've spent many a St. Patty's Day in Utah in the bar drinking green beer and taking shots! That was pre-kid of course. But, there are a bunch of cool Irish bars in Salt Lake.

Britt said...

What are they???

Birdie said...

That is some seriously GREEN beer!

Kari said...

Piper Down an Olde World Pub
1492 S State St. This Old-World pub brings a touch of Irish warmth--and charm--to State Street.

JB Mulligans Club & Pub
804 Main St , Park City
Live music, friendly locals and plenty of Guinness--it's a party waiting to happen.

Maggie McGee's
6253 Highland Dr , Holladay
Join the gang at a distinctly SLC version of a good old neighborhood tavern.