Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Organized Chaos

I live in a bungalow built in the 1940's. Bungalows in the 1940's have small kitchens. Mine really isn't as bad as some, but I'm still trying to find ways to organize it better and have more counter space. If we ever win the lottery, I'll fix it up, hell I'll knock it down and build a new house, but until then, I'll work with what I have. One thing taking up my limited counter top space was my knife block. Not anymore! I found this cool magnetic strip at Ikea and not only does it look pretty cool, but I gained like 7 inches of counter space. Woohoo! Goodbye knife block.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Danger, danger! Don't you love IKEA?

Birdie said...

Good work. Keep thinking, I'm sure you'll come up with more ideas to create space. Or you'll be like us and get so frustrated, you just knock the whole f---- thing down and build a new one :) (not the whole house, but just the kitchen!!)