Monday, March 17, 2008

In a Nutshell

Another weekend, come and gone. Again, another weekend with dreadful weather. At this point, I'm used to it. Saturday morning, however, was gorgeous. Garrett got up really early and went backcountry skiing with some guy friends. I couldn't fall back to sleep after he left...thank you honey, you know how I love to wake up at 6 am on Saturday morning...Not. Its not that he tried to wake me...well, by not trying I mean asking me where a hat was, what else he should bring, where his ski pants were, where his pearl izumi shirt was, all with lights blaring and dogs having their ritual morning scuffle. Anyway, I laid in bed for a while with Munchie, watching ABC Kids (can I just say there is not anything worth watching in the wee hours of Saturday mornings). After about 3.5 seconds of "That's So Raven" I got my ass out of bed.
The weather was perfect outside, a nice spring like day. I hurried up, got some running clothes on and headed out the door. I had a great run, 1 1/2 hours of good exercise. After that, I made a trip to Ikea. I was just killing time. I did buy a magnetic knife holder thingy and stuffed Poodle for Mogley, in memory of his mom.


After that I went to the bank and Harmons, where I was accosted by Girl Scouts, armed with boxes of delicious fat and calories. I bought 4 boxes, I am such a sucker. Anyway, just as I was leaving Harmons (with lunch for my husband...aren't I a good wife), he called to tell me he was almost home. Perfect timing. Garrett spent the next few hours working on his current most valuable possession...a broken Saeco coffee maker (see Sidenote).
**Sidenote time** Every Thursday, Garrett and some guys from his work, go over to the UPS damaged freight auction. After a couple weeks of bringing home garbage, really, Garrett has been discouraged to buy anything. I mean the broken table top, old ass cooler, ginormous bike box and dirty backpacks have all been terrific purchases honey, but you're cut off. He has been telling me though, that if he finds a Saeco Coffee Maker (new they cost $1600), he was going to bid on it. Well he did and he won. Lucky me. So, it is now his mission to fix and use this thing, even though it seems UPS ran it over with their truck first. He's completely obsessed...at least he's driven to do something....ahem, basement, ahem. **End Sidenote**
So, Saturday afternoon, the weather caught us off guard and turned to crap. It snowed long and hard. Poor Mogley wanted to go outside and play.
Just when our yard was completey snow free, the snow started to fall. Damn.
Anyway, we then decided to take Mogley up Millcreek Canyon. He had so much fun, running around like a madman, covering himself with snow. It was a really good training day for him. Next year, we would like to take him backcountry skiing and hiking, so he needs to be well trained and actually listen to us. We took a bunch of treats and worked on come, sit, and stay while other people and dogs were around. He did pretty good, anything for a liver treat. Yum. Everyone thought he was so cute and playful, I must agree.



Sunday we got up and skiied most of the day at Solitude. With the exception of a few lazy employees at the ticket window, we had a really fun day. Garrett and I did a lot of hiking to find the good snow and boy did we find it. It was a lot of work for me to keep up, but it was totally worth it. The powder was up to my thigh...it was so much fun. I feel like I ski so much better with my new setup...its probably just in my head but I'm much more confident and daring these days. After skiing, Garrett of course messed with the coffee maker, it even required a Home Depot trip. We went to dinner with Joe and Robin at Citris Grill. That place is always good, its one of our favorites.
That's it...In a Nutshell.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Cute boy!!! I love the pics!

Kari said...

Citris Grill is my favorite too. Especially on Sunday mornings!