Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Groundhog Day

Do you ever feel like everyday is Groundhog Day? Life can be so repetitive sometimes. Every day seems like a repeat of the day before, excluding weekends. Every single morning, the alarm goes off and the sequence of events that are my day begin to pass by. Garrett stumbles out of bed, feeds the Doodle, gets in the shower. By this time, I have managed to find the strength to turn on Fox 13 News, hoping to hear a news story that sparks my interest enough to wake me the hell up. Can I just say, never the case. Utah has such lame news sometimes, seriously. Top Headline: Winecoolers and other cheerleader drinks have been moved from Grocery Stores to Liqour Stores. Seriously, that is not news. Anyway, back to my day. So Garrett gets out of the shower after approx. 4 minutes (I admire and am very envious of this amazing superman like ability he has). He gets dressed, always asking me what shirt he should wear. Then he comes and sits on the bed by me and Munch, still burrowed away under the covers, kisses me and tells me to have a good day. Well if I wasn't quite awake, the sound of a diesel truck in the driveway of a house with little to no insulation will do it. Tick Tock. 6:45 am, my turn to stumble to the bathroom. I wash my face, brush my teeth, try and make my hair look somewhat respectable, put in my contacts, all the while thinking about what clothes I'm going to wear to work. Find clothes, put them on. Drag munchie out of bed and make him and the Doodle go to the bathroom. Tick Tock Doggies, mommy has to go to work. While they are doing their business, I grab 2 pieces of fruit and usually start the dishwasher. I then lure the doodle to his cage with a treat, put munchie on the couch and then I'm off to work, its 7:15. The next 15 minutes are spent in some sort of a sleepy haze cause I can't usually even recall my drive...scary I know. Well, its 7:30 and I'm at work. Log in. Get some coffee. Spend the next 4 hours doing mindless work that pays my bills. Lunch time. Yippee. I used to run everyday at lunch but the Doodle has changed up my routine a bit. I usually run home (sometimes stopping at the grocery store first for dinner things), let the dogs out and try to pick up the house a little. I actually hate going home a lot. I try to accomplish way too much and am usually exhausted and somewhat stressed out by the time I'm heading back to the office. 4 more hours of mindless work. Then, the best part of my day. Garrett comes to my work when he gets off and we work out. Sometimes we run, sometimes we do the eliptical, sometimes we lift weights...we really have a good time, and I'm usually just thrilled to see him, unless of course he has managed to piss me off at some point in the day...usually not, but it has happened. Then we go home, let the dogs out, I take a shower, we make dinner and have a glass of wine, eat, walk the dogs, watch some tv, bed. Alarm goes off. New Day, here we go again. Oh boy.

1 comment:

Birdie said...

Sounds like you should go back to school, you are too bored :) Hehe, JK. I can't wait to get back to a routine, I'm super jealous!!!