Monday, May 5, 2008

Its a Miracle



Weekend = Over. Me = Tired. What's new?

Garrett and I had a pretty great weekend though. Saturday was a good day to be a Kener. We had our 2nd mountain bike race of the season, Showdown at 5 Mile Pass in Lehi Utah. 22 miles of pain. I always tell myself this should be fun and exciting, we did PAY money to do this afterall. But it never works that way. I always want to slap myself in the face on Saturday mornings for signing up for the delight that awaits me on the trail. Its not until I roll through the finish line that I feel good about myself and my efforts. I feel totally accomplished and giddy the rest of the day. I'm doing something I never thought I would do, or at least be semi-good at. Anyway, Garrett took 1st Place in the Sport Men 19-29 Category and I took 2nd Place in the Sport Women Category. This was Garrett's first win in the ICUP series so I was really proud of him. He totally deserved it. I totally would have won if there wasn't a beefy girl sandbagger racing in my category. She beat me by 12 minutes...which for those of you who dont race...she killed us. With a time like that, she should be racing Pro, not sport. I hate people like that. Whoopity Doo, you won...like one of the easiest categories. Saturday night we went out to eat at Red Iguana. Can I just say that place is one of our new favorite restaurants. We have finally figured out what to order and oh my, that is good food. Yay, Salt Lake has one decent mexican food joint!

Sunday was a recovery day. We slept in, drank lattes, had breakfast and worked out in the garage. Our garage is a total disaster. I can't even remember the last time my car fit in there. We're working on it though. Maybe one day. A girl can dream right?

2 comments:

Birdie said...

Nice work! That's awesome that you guys raced so well, congratulations!

Kari said...

You guys rock! Yeah! You look so cool!!!