Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunshine

So the husband and I had a really nice weekend, but I'm sad to report it went by way too fast as usual. This was our first taste of summer and my feelings about it are bitter sweet. I love the warmth and being able to wear shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc. It was so hot yesterday that I was telling Garrett my flip flop strap was making my foot sweat. The bad part about the weather is just the fact that it's damn hot and you don't really want to do anything outdoors and you don't really want to be indoors either b/c its damn hot in there too, especially if you don't have an air conditioner like me and most other people in Utah. One of these days maybe we'll get AC, maybe one of these days after my tile gets laid in the kitchen, which by the looks of things is never. Anyway...

So Saturday was our race at Soldier Hollow in Heber. The weather was really nice, the first race I wasn't wanting to start with my arm warmers on. There was a huge turnout, 14 girls in my class. I finished 6th, Garrett finished 5th. With the large number of riders, we were quite pleased with our results. I felt really strong, I just couldn't keep up. There were some pretty fast girls out there. After the race we went over to Pete and Hilary's for a couple of beers before dinner. It was nice to hang out with friends outdoors with no shivering and no need for down jackets. The dogs had a blast...all 7 of them. 2 scotties, Mogley, Munch, 2 Great Danes and a very large lab. Mogley slept all night and for that, I am grateful.

Sunday we worked in the yard, mainly our parking strip. We're definitely taking baby steps, but it's slowly starting to look like less of a disaster.

Well its Monday. Here we go again.

1 comment:

Birdie said...

What a great picture. That looks like summer :)