Thursday, May 22, 2008

Seeing Stars


Here are the pics from our last bike race. Yeah, they look the same as just about every other bike race but what do you do? This race really took it out of me...and Garrett. The heat and intervals and my lack of real interval training took its toll on my body. We rode up Emigration on Tuesday on our road bikes and I was feeling like crap. I was breathing hard and fast but my heart rate was barely putting along. Emigration is usually a nice, easy ride but Tuesday, I just wasn't recovering from even the smallest climbs. When I got to the top, things turned downhill for me. I had my eyes open, looking directly at Garrett, but I couldn't see him. I was seeing stars, literally, and was feeling slightly nauseous. I was given some good advice to walk around with my hands above my head to get some blood back in my head and it worked...well, well enough to get back on my bike for the long ride home. So, yesterday and today we're taking a break. Luckily, the weather agrees.

No comments: